CLUBS / COMMUNITY GROUPS
The Sport & Health Team aim to assist local sports clubs to improve their capacity to deliver safe, equitable and quality sporting opportunities across Redbridge.
We can offer local clubs and groups:
- Reliable advice
- Guidance and support with club accreditation
- Sport development planning, policies and procedures
- Coach and volunteer education
- Funding information
Training & Courses
Would your club like to improve your knowledge and gain further qualifications? The Sport & Health Team can help assist you with access to free or subsidised courses and training.
Upcoming course held locally include:
Safeguarding & child protection Equity in your coaching First aid Sports Coach UK Courses Walk leader training, umpiring, referring and official courses
We are always on the lookout for coaches, particularly with experience in athletics or disability. If you are looking for more work or would like to get a coaching qualification, please contact us for more details by emailing email@example.com
Sportivate is a national programme that supports organisations to increase sport and physical activity levels of 11 - 25-year-olds.
Any activity within Sportivate must meet the following criteria:
- Six or eight weeks of coaching must be delivered
- There must be an identified need for the project
- There must be a confirmed exit route for the project with capacity for increasing the numbers of participants
- Sportivate funding will not 100% fund any activity
For further information please visit http://londonsport.org or ring 020 8708 0952.