This privacy notice informs customers and users of Vision Redbridge Culture & Leisure Limited’s services about the collection, use and sharing of personal information collected through our websites, and at our events and through our facilities and services.
Vision Redbridge Culture & Leisure Limited (“Vision”) is a data controller as defined under Data Protection law. This means that we may collect and process personal information about you in order to provide you with a range of local leisure and cultural services.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy; we will be transparent about how we use the data you give to us and ensure that it is securely held.
This is our overarching privacy notice; on some occasions you may see shortened versions which relate directly to the services that you are accessing. However, all of our privacy notices will provide a link to the main privacy notice on our website ( http://www.vision-rcl.org.uk/privacy.html ) . We will review and may change this privacy notice from time to time and you will be able to view the latest version on our website.
1. Who are we and what do we do?
Vision is a charity providing sport, leisure, health & wellbeing, parks, heritage, libraries, arts and culture related services. This Policy is designed to protect you by informing you how personal information is collected, how we look after that information and with whom we share it. Vision Redbridge Culture & Leisure is committed to complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 and The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation. By using our website, services and facilities you are consenting to us processing your information in the ways stated here. You may be more familiar with our services and brands, including: Cultural Activities Redbridge Drama Centre Redbridge Music Service Arts, events and cultural activities Redbridge Museum, archive and heritage services Redbridge Public and schools’ library services Valentines Mansion Parks & Open Spaces Operation of parks and green spaces Nature conservation Allotments Sport, Leisure & Wellbeing Leisure Centres The Spa at Fullwell Cross Redbridge Cycling Centre Owls Play Centre Fairlop Outdoor Activity Centre Exercise on Referral Sporting activities Health promotion and wellbeing
2. What information do we collect?
Vision may collect a range of personal data about individuals in order to provide you with our services, this will vary depending on which service you are using. The information could include:
We may also collect sensitive personal data, for example:
- contact details; including name, address, email address, telephone number, etc.
- date of birth
- proof of identity
- national identifiers such as; NHS number and NI numbers
- information about your family
- IP address and information regarding what pages are accessed and when
- lifestyle, social and personal circumstances
- the services you receive
- financial details for purposes of receiving or making payments
- employment details (when you apply for jobs)
- visual image
- physical or mental health details
- marital status
- racial or ethnic origin
- gender and sexual orientation
- trade union membership
- criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences
3. Information which allows us to recognise you
As well as the data outlined above, we may also assign you with a membership number, or customer identifier. This is in order to
4. Details of your transactions
5. Customer feedback
We will record customer comments and surveys about how we are performing to inform future service improvements.
6. Sensitive data
We may ask you for information about your health in order to recommend appropriate exercise regimes, monitor your progress, ensure legislative compliance, i.e. the sale or loan of restricted goods. We are sometimes required to collect information about your ethnicity and other sensitive data in order to provide reports, monitor service take up or provide anonymised data to our commissioners who will usually be the local authority or health agencies. This information is used only for statistical purposes and is always kept secure.
7. Your communications preferences
We keep a record of any permissions and preferences you give us about what types of communication you are happy to receive from us.
8. Data relating to children
Our services are used and accessed by people of all ages. However, children aged under 13 years must have a parent or guardian’s consent before providing personal information to us. We do not wish to collect any personal information without this consent. Vision Redbridge Culture & Leisure accepts no liability if this instruction is ignored.
9. How do we store and protect your personal information?
These are the basic guidelines we use to look after your personal data:
- We maintain secure systems to protect your personal information
- We respect your wishes about how we contact you, whether by post, telephone, email or text message
- We will update your information or preferences promptly when you ask us to
- We will respond fully to requests from you to see the information that we hold on you.
- We will not hold your personal information for longer than is necessary.
- We follow strict procedures when storing or handling information that you have given us. Some information is encrypted, such as payment transactions and password.
- We train our staff in their responsibilities in data protection and information management.
Vision reserves the right to store and process information securely outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), but will inform you when this takes place.
10. Services provided by third parties
Vision may also share information with third party organisations that provide specific services which enhance your membership and experience with us. There is a contract in place with each third party which includes strict terms and conditions to protect your privacy. Please note: Use of services provided by our partners may be subject to the terms and conditions and/or Privacy Policies of these third party organisations.
11. How do we use your information?
We use your information to help us provide and improve our services for you. We may use your information in the following ways.
- to provide you with any services that you have purchased or chosen to access
- to check your identity
- to update our records with any new information you give us
- to notify you if we will be unable to provide a service you have booked before
- to provide marketing communications (if you have given us your permission)
- for research and analysis so we can develop and improve our services for your benefit
- to comply with legal requirements.
12. Keeping you updated
We may from time to time contact you about our company’s services or products we think you might find interesting by email, by post, telephone or SMS, but only if you have given us your permission to do so. If you do not want us to contact you by email please let us know. All email newsletters include an option to unsubscribe. You may also opt-out of email or any other communications by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Business intelligence, Profiling and Decision Making
We may analyse your personal information to improve services and for the following purposes;
- undertake our clients to fulfil their/our statutory functions efficiently and effectively
- business planning by understanding your needs to provide the services that you request
- help us to build up a picture of how we are performing at delivering services to you and what services are needed in our communities
- analysis of costs and spend of services we provide so that we can to ensure better and support the efficient use of public funds, where applicable
- support the evaluating, monitoring health of the local population and protecting and improving public health
Vision is committed to using pseudonymised or anonymised information as much as is practical, and in many cases this will be the default position, except where there is a legal exception.
Pseudonymisation is a procedure by which the most identifying fields within a data record are replaced by one or more artificial identifiers, or pseudonyms. There can be a single pseudonym for a collection of replaced fields or a pseudonym per replaced field.
Anonymisation is the process of removing identifying particulars or details for statistical or other purposes.
14. Access, correct, update, remove or restrict processing for the information we store about you
You have the right to apply for a copy of information about yourself. This is called a ‘Subject Access Request'. If you wish to restrict data processing, update or request for the information we hold about you to be removed; we will carry this out except where we may have a requirement to keep this data by law. Accuracy of data is important to us. If you believe the information we hold about you is out of date or incorrect, please tell a member of staff at the relevant facility. You will need a form of identification to request any changes. You can also email us at email@example.com , complete the online form at or write to us at: Data Enquiries Vision Redbridge Culture & Leisure 3rd Floor, Central Library Clements Road Ilford Essex IG1 1EA
15. Links to other websites
The Vision Redbridge Culture & Leisure website contains links to and from external websites, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to other sites please note that these will be governed by their own privacy policies. We cannot accept liability for data use on those websites.
17. Information Commissioner
The Information Commissioner is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights. If you would like to know more about your rights under the Data Protection law, and what you should expect from us, visit the Information Commissioner’s website. If you have any concerns regarding our privacy practices or about exercising your Data Protection rights, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: Information Commissioner's Office
SK9 5AF Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745